The FCA will shortly move to a new data collection platform in place of Gabriel. In preparation for this, all Gabriel users will be asked to complete a mandatory one-time registration activity the first time they log in to Gabriel after 2 April.
Registering creates an account for the new data collection platform that will link with your Connect account and will require the same login credentials as you use to log in to Connect.
After registering for the new platform, you can continue to use Gabriel as normal until the FCA move you to the new system. They will let you know in good time before you are moved to the new system. As yet there appears to be no indication of when this might happen.
What you’ll need to be able to register
If you don’t yet have a Connect account, you will need to enter some basic contact details.
If you do have a Connect account, make sure you have your:
- Connect username (the email address that you used to register with Connect)
- Connect password
- 6-digit Connect passcode (if you have one)
The Registration process
Go to the Gabriel page in a new tab/window and log in. You will be asked if you are an existing Connect user.
If you are:
- Select Login
- Enter your Connect username and password, then select Next
- Enter 3 digits from your passcode (some users may be asked to create a passcode at this point), then select Next
- You’ll see a confirmation message – select Ok to complete the process
If you aren’t:
- Select Register and you’ll be directed to a page where you’ll need to register for Connect
- Enter your first name, surname, email address, phone number and the response to a security question, then select Submit
- You’ll see a confirmation message – select Ok
- You’ll receive an email – follow the link and set up your Connect password and passcode
The process is straightforward and does work as described above – we’ve checked!
However, if you need help, the FCA has prepared detailed guidance, including screenshots which you can access here.
This is a good time for firms to check their list of Gabriel users and remove any that no longer need access to the system. Those that will need access to the new data platform should complete the above process so that they will be registered to use it from when the change happens.
Firm’s user lists will be checked as part of their annual Connect check going forward.