Let’s be honest about it, there aren’t too many regulatory documents that are going to be nominated for a Booker Prize.
There is however some FCA reading that qualifies for the financial services industry equivalent, the Parrot Prize. Ok, so we may not expect you to be able to recite them parrot fashion, but you should nevertheless fully understand them, because they explain the core regulatory framework for IFA businesses.
Here are the documents in question:
- Finalised Guidance 12_16 Replacement Business and Centralised Investment Proposition here.
- Establishing the risk a customer is willing and able to take and making a suitable investment selection here.
- Independent and restricted advice here .
- RDR Fact Sheet 007 disclosing your firm’s charges and services here .
RDR Thematic Reviews
- How firms are implementing RDR here.
- Delivering independent advice here.
- Being clear about adviser charges and services here.