There are a few FCA live events coming up that could be of interest.
Preparing for the Senior Managers & Certification Regime
Solo-regulated firms that are authorised under FSMA should be preparing for the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR). This comes into effect on 9 December 2019 and will replace the Approved Persons Regime. The SM&CR already applies to banks and insurers.
The FCA is holding a webinar on 3 June covering:
- why the SM&CR is important;
- how firms should plan for and implement the regime.
A Q&A session will follow with the speaker panel answering questions. For more information and to sign up, click here.
RDR & FAMR Review Roadshows
A series of afternoon events is scheduled across the UK where the FCA is seeking input and feedback.
There will be an introductory presentation, followed by an opportunity to discuss issues and offer your comments in small discussion groups. For further information and to book your place click here.
The events are as follows:
- 5 June, Hilton Canary Wharf, London
- 13 June, Hilton Doubletree The Westerwood, Cumbernauld
- 18 June, Crowne Plaza, Belfast
- 27 June, Ramside Hall, Durham
- 4 July, Marriott Worsley Park, Manchester
- 9 July, Hilton Doubletree Cadbury House, Bristol
- 11 July, National Conference Centre, Birmingham
Live & Local 2018/19 events for regulated firms
On 11 June, the final session of the ‘Ask the regulator’ Q&A roundtable discussions for mortgage advisers and lenders will be held in Leeds. This event give firms an opportunity to pose questions and provide feedback directly to a panel of senior FCA representatives and industry experts. The agenda is determined by attendee questions and comments.
Details for the 11 June event in Leeds and other events can be found here.