The Money Advice Service has produced a range of printed guides which are designed to help assist both firms and their clients to make informed money choices, free of charge.
The guides can be found here.
Information has been produced on several topics. Most likely to be of interest to our readers are the guides covering Pensions & Retirement, Mortgages and Money Management. Not an exhaustive list, however, to provide an idea of the subject matter available …
Pensions and Retirement
- Pension Information – guide to the basic facts
- Personal Pensions
- Your Pension: Your choices
- Thinking of leaving your workplace pension scheme
- Trace lost pensions and request pension forecasts
- Pension release and pension unlocking
- Defined contribution pension schemes
- Defined benefit pension scheme explained
- What is a group personal pension?
- Stakeholder pensions
- Self-invested personal pensions (SIPPS)
- NEST pensions
- Delaying taking your pension pot
- What is annuity?
- Credit unions and other alternatives to payday loans
- Dealing with your endowment mortgage shortfall
- Endowment mortgage compensation
- Endowment mortgage complaints
- Making a mortgage endowment complaint
- Problems paying your mortgage
- Take action with your interest-only mortgage now
- You can afford a mortgage now, but what if?
- Sale and rent back schemes
- Releasing equity from your home
- Beginner’s guide to managing your money
- Making the most of your money
- Fee-free basic bank accounts
Copies of the guides are available in PDF format and can be downloaded directly from the website link provided above. Alternatively, hard copies are available free of charge. Artwork is also available so you can conduct your own printing (subject to conditions). Guides are available in Braille, large print and in the form of audio guides, both in English and Welsh.