We take your privacy seriously and you can find out more here about your privacy rights and how we gather, use and share your personal information.
You have the right to object to how we process your personal information. You also have the right to access, correct, sometimes delete and restrict the personal information we use. In addition, you have a right to complain to us and to the data protection regulator.
- ATEB Director, ATEB Consulting, Evolve Business Centre, Cygnet Way, Houghton-le-Spring, County Durham, DH4 5QY. Alternatively, contact us here.
- Information Commissioner: ico.org.uk/global/contact-us.
How we gather your personal information
We need to obtain information about you, so that we can manage your account and provide our services. The personal information we may use includes:
- Full name and personal details including contact information for all employees and, if relevant, for self-employed individuals or Appointed Representatives who conduct work on your behalf;
- Date of birth and/or age;
- Financial details, including company accounts and bank details;
- Education and employment details.
This information is normally obtained directly in face to face meetings or when we undertake audit services on your behalf. It may also be obtained by telephone, email, post or other means.
We may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We link this automatically collected data to other data we collect about you.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the websites we operate or the other services we provide and it may be shared internally and combined with other data we collect. We also work closely with several trusted third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, regulatory bodies) and may receive information about you from them.
We may also cross reference your personal information against publicly available data registers for example the FCA register or Companies House.
How we use your personal information
We hold your personal information as Data Controllers in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation, together referred to as the ‘Regulations’.
How we gather and use your clients’ personal information
We may need to obtain information about your clients, so that we can provide you with our services.
How we use your clients’ personal data is explained in our Data Processing Agreement.
Sharing and transferring personal information
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will also not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes except where explicit consent has been provided.
Where necessary, we may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you and for the purposes of providing part of our services to you;
- Legal advisers, accountants, payment processors and third-party software providers;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our services.
Keeping personal information
We keep your personal information securely for as long as we need to for the purpose of providing you with our services under the terms of our service/fee agreement (contract) or for as long as we are required to by relevant regulations or for legal or insurance purposes.
Legal basis for collecting/processing information
Under most circumstances, we will use your personal information as necessary to perform our contract with you. Most of the information that you provide will be collected and processed to enable us to provide the service that we have agreed you require.
Where a contract is not in place, we may still store, process and use your personal information pursuant to the legitimate interests of our business.
Some types of information require your explicit consent. Where this is the case, we will inform you and seek your consent. Where you have given us consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
Links to other sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
If you are under 16 years of age
If you are under the age of 16, you may not use any of the services we provide. We will not knowingly collect information from or direct any of our content specifically at children under 16. If you believe a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete it.
Your Privacy Rights
You have the right to see what personal information we hold about you and you can ask us to correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal information or ask for some of your personal information to be provided to someone else. You have the right to object to how we use your personal information.
If you need to contact us in relation to any of your rights or wish to make a complaint about how we have used your personal information, directly to us or to the Information Commissioner’s Office, you can use the contact details listed above.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where you have given us your consent to use personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Access to your personal information: You can request access to a copy of your personal information. We will not normally charge for providing this information to you although we reserve the right to do so.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal information that we hold about you in a commonly used electronic form.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it. Note that we might be required by regulations, or for legal or insurance purposes, to retain your information even if you want it to be deleted.
- Right to object: You can object to our processing of your personal information.
- Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.